Experienced photographer and photo editor with an excellent creative eye and a solid background in the print and online publishing industry. Resourceful visual thinker with
web publisher & freelance photographer
July 2008 – present, New York, NY
A top photographer on Google Maps, curator of a popular NYC-based photo Twitter feed, photo editor and blogger. Also – an IT Professional.
- Curating the NYC Daily Pics image feed on Twitter, shot by top NYC based photographers for 44k+ Twitter followers.
- Continuous contribution to Google Maps images, with over 35 million views and 1200 photos published.
- Freelance event photographer; the clients include INGLOT Cosmetics USA (fashion shows and product presentation) and Ford Mobilize NY Campaign. • Publisher of a Polish language travel guide to NYC – responsible for researching, development and publishing work.
- Volunteer photographer for Gateway National Recreation Area.
- IT Manager: Windows and Mac environment and networking systems.
Kurier Plus Publishing
April 2012 – present, Brooklyn, NY
Graphic designer and photo editor for the leading NYC-based Polish weekly.
- Maintained a consistent visual identity of the newspaper while meeting tight production deadlines
. Sourced, selected and edited all imagery for inclusion in the publication.
Super Express USA
February 2003 – April 2010, New York, NY
President & CEO of the top daily Polish language newspaper in New York City.
- Managed content for print and
on-lineeditions of Polish daily newspaper in New York City in full compliance with copyright law.
- Developed website, transitioned and migrated existing U.S. print content.
- Supervised visual content reflecting current topics and trends.
- Held overall budget responsibility.
Education & Certifications
1991, Master of Science, Warsaw University of Technology. Warsaw, Poland
2017, Adobe Certified Associate: Visual Communication using Adobe Photoshop, Graphic Design & Illustration using Adobe Illustrator, Print & Digital Media Publication using Adobe InDesign.
2004, Professional Photography Course, NY Institute of Photography, New York, NY
2004, NYT Fellowship Program, New York Times Institute for Journalism
- Professional level proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Graphic Design software
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines and milestones for projects assigned
- Team player able to work without supervision
- Knowledge of photo rights and licenses
- Experienced working with stock photography and wire services
Awards and Achievements
2018 – Your Art Gallery, “Skyline Contest” – Runner Up (4th Place).
2018 – “Can I Get your smile?” – solo exhibition at the AR Gallery in Brooklyn, NY, USA.
2018 – the solo exhibition of the photo-essay “Manhattan” at the Kurier Plus Gallery in Brooklyn, NY, USA.
2017 – Ford Mobilize NY – 1st Place Photography Winner, New York, NY.
2018 – Nowy Dziennik – Polish Weekly: Camino de Santiago – an Inward Journey.